Graduate Student Intern Program
SoulFully Connected Counseling PLLC is now accepting applications for placement in our Counseling Student Intern program for 2024. This program is for Masters-level students who are completing their practicum or internship requirements in their university degree program. **
SoulFully Connected Counseling PLLC is a solo private practice that is associated with a community of counselors who collaborate and support one another. This professional network of peers offers the intern opportunities to be exposed to other therapists and their areas of expertise while being under the supervision of one private practice clinician.
The Counseling Student Intern will be given opportunities to shadow therapy sessions, engage in co-therapy, and provide individual, couples, and family counseling to clients. In addition, the student will learn about evidence-based approaches to treating relationship issues, family conflict, grief/loss, anxiety/depression, and other presenting concerns.
As a counselor who holds a Christian worldview, faith integration will be included in supervision and discussed for use in client care at the leading of the student.
This is a non-paid practicum experience. You will receive one hour of individual clinical supervision weekly. In addition, sire supervisor is available to provide consultation or guidance as needed. Christy Birgen, LPC, LMFT will work with your graduate program and faculty supervisor to ensure all university/program requirements are met.
Minimum Qualifications for Counseling Student Intern Placement
- Pursuing either LPC or LMFT track masters degree program at an accredited university.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to learning evidence-based approaches to treating various mental health issues.
- Preferred interest in attachment theory for use as a foundational understanding of human beings and their relationships to self and others.
- Maintain strong ethical and professional boundaries.
- Must be teachable and have a desire for professional growth.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to ask questions.
- Commit to at least one evening or Friday per week for client appointments as part of attaining program direct hours.
Applications will be reviewed by Christy Birgen, LPC, LMFT, Clinical Director.
- Please email the following to [email protected]
- Cover letter
- Letter of recommendation from a professor
- Letter of recommendation from a professional with whom you have worked or interned.
- You will be notified within 5-10 business days if you are invited to an interview for the position.
** Please note, each degree program has different requirements for a site supervisor. Christy Birgen meets the requirement of over two years of practice in the counseling field but does not have a Supervisor designation with her license. Please check the requirements in your program. I am happy to refer you to other therapists who have that credential if your program requires it.